November 13, 2012

What I'm Reading Right Now

I'm taking this as a sign. "You should go to Genoa". Ok, TwentySomethingTravel, I will. It's now on my Summer 2013 list. Pesto, here I come!


I have a minor obsession with mac and cheese. It's on my comfort food list to be sure (along with Thai food, sushi, and scone). But this recipe could take the cheesy goodness to a whole other level. Behold: spicy mushroom bacon mac and cheese.


Alternatives to a real or fake Christmas tree that are still tree like? See the comments. Actually kind of handy for those of us who move constantly and are against chopping down a tree to put on display indoors. I don't care how good it smells. Burn candles instead.



And for decorating for the holidays, I'm loving these string lights. Especially the pewter crystal ones (pictured below). Lovely.


Steel pipe standing desk. I'm actually debating about making one of these as a regular table. Loving it.


India's festival of lights is one of the few things that could entice me to that country. It's rather low on my 'to visit' list, but it still makes it on. (The list of places I wouldn't go is short, and even then I might waver if someone asked me to go with them.)


Another food I'm loving is pumpkin. The king os squash in my world, I snatch up with eagerness any recipes I can find that involve the lovely orange beasts. These two I can't wait to try: a pumpkin torte and cheddar pumpkin scones.



I'm really hesitant about putting pallets in my home. Alot of them have been chemically treated and can actually off-gas toxins in a fire. But lately I've done my homework and found places that sell pallets untreated (YAY!) so I can finally create wooden goodies to my heart's content. Like this one: pallet day beds! I don't have a sofa, but I do have a crash pad (climber nerd alert). I'm thinking I'll store my wine in the gaps in the pallets. Or make tiny drawers. Or store books in there. Possibilities are endless!


Play dough using jello? Oh my gosh! Look at those colors! I don't have kids, but I might just make some anyways.


I saw these on Etsy and was super excited to find the tutorial. A bird's nest necklace. I'm also thinking of making them into ornaments for family members. How pretty would that be?



Warm industrial in home design is up and coming. But you don't need me to tell you that. What you should be doing is making these cement coasters to compliment your fabulous new desk I posted about earlier. This genre is booming I tell you.


It reads the music and plays it back to you. Oh my goodness. Can I get one of these for Christmas? PLEASE?!

No comments: