November 08, 2012

What I'm Reading Right Now

Uncovering Artists - George Constantin. This guy is pretty awesome as far as art goes. And that I can get his fabulous work for my computer? Uh, yes please.

I don't want to launch into a "things I never thought I'd use my English degree for" speech, but heck, after Sandy, my two worlds-apart degrees have proven absolutely necessary for the now evolving world of Social Media in Emergency Management.



I heart Danielle Corsetto and her comic Girls With Slingshots. Mucho. Yes, I know this is a little childish, and my sentiments will never be returned, but from her plotlines to her artwork, I am in serious I-would-make-you-cookies-everyday-if-you-called-me-a-friend kind of love.

 
 
Thrifty Fall Treats? Why yes, I would love some. (This website is generally awesome for stuff like this.)
 
 
 
I don't have an Instagram yet :: glares at BlackBerry ::  But if I did, I would be using StickyGram to decorate my, my best friend's, my ex's, and my mother's fridge. Turns your Instagrams into magnets.
 
 


 
Refinery29's list of "The Best Songs Ever". Well, we'll see Refinery, we'll see. Challenge accepted.
 
 
 
DIY hairstyles. I think most of these styles require you to have a third hand, or to at least be skilled in the art of not sucking at hair styles (there's a reason I have two hairstyles: down and bun. I can't manage my hair for the life of me). But I still want to give them a try. Super pretty!
 
How to Have a Travel Fling. Considering my addiction to travel and my upcoming excursion to Quebec (I AM SO PSYCHED), this seems an appropriate read. Though I'm a little to quirky and colorful to pick anyone up, and frankly, I'm not really looking. Still, a great read nonetheless!
 
 
 
Barbara Palvin and Miranda Kerr (Victoria Secret models) have thier own Instagram feeds. YES!
 


"How France Surprised Me". I have lived in France for two short periods of time in my life, on opposite sides of the country and both in times of unrest (Tuesday student protests, anyone?). I loved the country and was energized and excited someone else finally had a chance to write about the France that I knew.
 
 
 
The ABCs of Death wiki page. Because I'm trying to expand my movie horizon into horror.
 
 
 I would love to do this to a pair of heels, but I'm too nervous to try. Maybe one of these days...
 
 

No comments: